West Volusia MLP
Medical-Legal Partnership of West Volusia County
The Medical-Legal Partnership of West Volusia County (WVMLP) provides free legal aid to low-income residents in an effort to increase their access to affordable and sustainable health care.
Kate Gannon is the CLSMF Staff Attorney at the Medical-Legal Partnership of West Volusia. As a member of the Community Health and Income Project at CLSMF, Kate provides legal aid to residents of West Volusia who have received a denial or termination of a health-related benefit such as: Medicaid; Medicare; Social Security Disability (SSD); Supplemental Security Income (SSI); Affordable Care Act (ACA), or veteran’s benefits. Kate is an accredited attorney through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and is SOAR Certified by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration.
Who do we serve?
This MLP serves residents of West Volusia County who have both:
- A valid WVHA Health Card (frequently referred to as a “blue card”)
- A denial or termination of a health-related benefits such as:
- Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI)
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Veterans Benefits
How do you make an appointment?
- Call CLSMF Attorney Kate Gannon at (386) 222-0280 to schedule an appointment
- If you are a service provider and would like to refer a client, please complete this form and email it to Kate Gannon at email@example.com or fax it to (844) 209-1283
Walk-in office hours:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at WVMLP, 312 S. Woodland Blvd., DeLand, FL 32720
- 2nd Wednesday of every month from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave, Deltona, FL 32725
How do you apply for a WVHA Health Card?
For more information, visit:
The House Next Door https://www.thehnd.com/wvha-health-card
Who do we partner with in the community?
- Family Health Source: http://www.familyhealthsource.org
- Florida Department of Health Dental Clinics: http://volusia.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/clinical-and-nutrition-services/dental/index.html
- Fish Memorial Hospital: http://www.fhfishmemorial.org
- Florida Hospital of Deland: https://www.floridahospital.com/deland
- Prompt Care of Central Florida: http://promptcarefl.com
- Good Samaritan Medical & Dental Clinics: http://gsdld.org
- Halifax Healthy Communities: https://www.halifaxhealth.org
- Healthy Start Coalition of Volusia: http://www.healthystartfv.org
- Hispanic Health Initiative: http://www.hhi2001.org
- The House Next Door: https://www.thehnd.com
- The Neighborhood Center: http://neighborhoodhealthcenterwv.org
- Rising Against All Odds: http://risingagainstallodds.com
- Stuart-Marchman-Act Behavioral Healthcare: http://www.smabehavioral.org
- West Volusia Hospital Authority: http://westvolusiahospitalauthority.org
How would legal aid increase my overall health?
Read about how a Medical-Legal Partnership attorney helped Maxine Riche obtain Social Security Disability and Medicaid: http://medical-legalpartnership.org/maxine