Special Enrollment Period Gives Second Chance to Obtain Federal Marketplace Health Insurance
Navigators in Central Florida are enrolling families and individuals who qualify for a special enrollment period.
Events that qualify for a special enrollment are:
- moving to Florida or into a new county in Florida
- loss of health coverage from a job (for any reason)
- loss of coverage due to divorce
- loss of eligibility for Medicaid or Florida Kidcare/CHIP
- new income source that moves a family out of poverty
- birth or adoption of a child or placing a child in foster care
- change in immigration status
- release from incarceration
Navigators can help families sign up for Florida Kidcare/CHIP or Medicaid. They also assist families who are having difficulty accessing services despite having health insurance. All services are completely free of charge. To reach them, Central Floridians can call 1-877-564-5031 or schedule an appointment on-line at CoveringCFL.net.
For more information please contact Laura Pichardo-Cruz, Managing Attorney and Public Benefits Unit Leader at 407-710-0135 or via email at [email protected].
See the PCAN Marketplace Navigator Brochure for more information