Foreclosure Defense and Consumer Rights CLE (6 General, 1 Ethics) – Daytona Beach, FL
- Location: Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida
- Address: 128 Orange Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
SOLD OUT! REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS CLOSED.
If you have already registered but need to pay, you can do so here.
On November 21, 2013, Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida (CLSMF) will be hosting a CLE on Foreclosure Defense and Consumer Rights. The training will be held at the CLSMF Daytona Beach office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The cost is $50.00 and includes lunch. If you are a legal aid attorney or work for a housing counseling agency, you can register for a reduced rate to cover the cost of lunch.
James A. Kowalski, Jr., Executive Director of Jacksonville Area Legal Aid (JALA), and JALA Consumer Unit Head Lynn Drysdale will be heading up the training which will cover:
- Developing a Case Plan and Litigation Strategy – Identifying Issues
- Discovery Plans
- How to Take and Defend a Deposition
- Effective Cross Examination
- Summary Judgment Preparation (affirmative and defensive)
- Attorney’s Fees – (defending and obtaining)
- Ethical Issues – Settlement Considerations (including Housing Counseling)
Six hours of general CLE credits, and one hour ethics credit is pending.
For more information please contact CLSMF Pro Bono Manager Lena Smith via email or call (352) 629-0105 ext. 2912.