Apply for Help
Please note: the Helpline is currently experiencing a delay in the processing of online applications. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have an emergency, please contact your local CLSMF office
Welcome to the CLSMF online application for legal aid. Below, you will find instructions on how to apply for our help. We encourage you to apply for help, but please keep in mind that we are not able to help every individual that applies for our services. You may want to see if any of our upcoming free clinics can provide you with the help that you need. Typically, you will be able to get help directly from an attorney and many times you can leave with the documents that you need to address your situation. Please note that you still must complete the application process to qualify to attend a free clinic.
For a full list of upcoming clinics, click here.
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida Online Application for Legal Services
Our new Access to Justice (A2J) online application will walk you step by step through our intake process. CLSMF handles only civil (not criminal) legal matters and we do NOT provide legal help with return of security deposit, expunging a criminal record, or initial claims for Social Security. However, you can get legal information about these by clicking on these links:
Private attorneys also provide legal services for free through our Volunteer Lawyers Project. Attorneys may be able to help with the return of security deposits and the expungement of criminal records. However, there is no guarantee of representation.
The Legal Services Corporation (LSC) helps to pay for this online application and for any legal services provided to you and may require Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida, Inc., to provide them with certain information about you such as your name, whether or not you were eligible for our services, and a general description of your legal problem. If you continue with this application, you are agreeing to allow us to disclose this limited information to LSC, and any other grantor.
Clients, applicants, and members of the public have the right to complain about:
- being denied CLSMF’s services because of financial ineligibility or the type of legal problem involved;
- the type or quality of services provided by CLSMF; or,
- any violation of legal services law by CLSMF staff.
CLSMF does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or disabilities in hiring practices or in the provision of services.
Instructions for Completing the Online Application
This question and answer session will help us better understand your legal problem and consists of 4 steps:
- The first step in the application is a short questionnaire (Priority Needs Assessment) about the types of legal problems you have recently encountered, to help us identify the legal needs in our community. At the end of the questionnaire, you will be directed to our application for legal services.
- The Application: Before we can make a decision on whether we can help you, you must complete our application in full. The application is available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It includes questions about your legal problem, the members of your household, your household income and assets, and the person or business causing your problem. It will take approximately 15 – 20 minutes to complete.
- Next, an intake assistant will call you to double-check the information you provided and get more details from you. Because of restrictions on our funding, we must make sure that anyone we accept as a client falls within the income and asset guidelines of our funders. If your income and/or assets are higher than these guidelines, you may not qualify for our services at this time. It will take approximately 15 – 20 minutes for the intake assistant to complete this part of the process.
- If we determine that you qualify for our services, you will be contacted by an attorney who will provide you with legal advice about your legal problem. This will take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the type of legal problem you are experiencing.
Any information transmitted over this site is secure and confidential. Your data is safe and will not be shared with anyone. If you are using a public computer or a computer that does not belong to you, remember to completely close out of the Internet browser when you are finished.