You can make a difference!
Do you want to make a difference in the life of a child, a senior, a veteran? Do you want to help a victim of domestic violence feel safe again? Do you want to help a family put food on the table? Join our team of dedicated attorneys and advocates who make a difference in the lives of thousands of people every year!
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida (CLSMF) was named by the NonProfit Times 2012 as a Top 50 Best NonProfit Companies to Work For and Florida’s Best Companies to Work For 2012 and Florida’s Best Companies to Work for 2013.
CLSMF offers an excellent benefits package, a great working environment, and the chance to improve the lives of people in our community.
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volunteer Lawyers Project
Current Job Listings
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER– Orlando
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida is seeking a Resource Development Manager for a fast-paced non-profit legal services law firm.The Resource Development Manager will join an entrepreneurial Development and Communications team. Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida (CLSMF) is the oldest and largest provider of free legal aid for low to moderate income residents in Central Florida.
This is a full time position. Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida offers an excellent benefits package: free health, dental, disability and life insurance, generous paid time off program, and more. Send resume and references to: email@example.com or via Fax: 386-323-5762.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Implement short and long-term funding strategies for foundations, individual and corporate giving, special events and direct mail campaigns.
- Responsible for a small grant portfolio; maintaining grant reporting and proposal writing for institutional funders.
- Personally lead development of and produce foundation proposals, ensuring that proposals, budgets, outcomes/deliverables plans and other proposal elements are well-written, compelling and consistent with the strategic direction and funding needs of CLSMF.
- Play a role in direct mail appeals and stewardship from those campaigns.
- Play a role in planning and implementing special events, including but not limited to securing sponsors, logistics, and event activities.
- Promote programs, efforts and successes that enhance the public perception of the organization, interest the public in civil legal aid, and encourage donors to contribute to CLSMF.
- Aid in developing publications and materials to support fundraising campaigns and donor relations.
- Must be able to travel within our Central Florida service area.
Percentages of Time:
30% Major Gifts, 25% Foundations, 20% Grant Management, 20% Special Events and Direct Mail Appeals, 5% Development Communications
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of non-profit principles, including fundraising, grant writing, corporate, individual and foundation solicitation, and program implementation.
- Ability to successfully contact potential donors by making cold calls.
- Demonstrated ability to independently solicit, cultivate, develop and maintain high level engagement strategies with funders and individual donors.
- Ability to conduct research on grant and foundation funding opportunities.
- Familiarity with eTapestry is a plus.
- Interpersonal relations, team player, personal integrity, strong work ethic, non-profit orientation, ability to learn quickly, demonstrate flexibility, positive attitude and high energy required.
- Bi-lingual in (Spanish-English) a plus but not required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in resource development activities in an entrepreneurial nonprofit environment
- Bachelor’s degree and/or CFRE preferred
- Must have valid FL Driver’s License
- Must be able to work from our Orlando and Sanford offices