You can make a difference!
Do you want to make a difference in the life of a child, a senior, a veteran? Do you want to help a victim of domestic violence feel safe again? Do you want to help a family put food on the table? Join our team of dedicated attorneys and advocates who make a difference in the lives of thousands of people every year!
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida (CLSMF) was named by the NonProfit Times 2016 as a Top 50 Best NonProfit Companies to Work For, making it the fifth year in a row as one of the top in the nation.
CLSMF offers an excellent benefits package, a great working environment, and the chance to improve the lives of people in our community.
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volunteer Lawyers Project
CURRENT JOB LISTINGS
CONSUMER STAFF ATTORNEY– Inverness/Spring Hill
- Provide direct representation to low-income clients with consumer issues such as debt collection, garnishment, repossession, contracts, consumer scams, small claims courts and debtor harassment.
- Establish criteria for identifying consumer legal issues for use in other areas of the firm to include helpline, triage, housing and family
- Establish network of private bar consumer attorneys to assist with co-counsel, full representation and pro bono work.
- Must be admitted to practice law in Florida or obtain admission to The Florida Bar within 6 months.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Litigation experience in Federal and State courts.
- Previous experience in the areas of consumer law preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Be able to creatively and zealously advocate for clients while managing a full caseload.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to perform duties and attend meetings and/or other functions throughout 12-county service area.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver License.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT – DAYTONA BEACH, FL
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida is seeking a Staff Accountant for a fast-paced, non-profit legal services law firm in Daytona Beach, FL. Will assist the Controller with accounting, budgetary and auditing functions and assists with financial grant reporting.
Assists in preparation of the Indirect Cost Rate proposal. Prepares cash receipts and other journal entries; generates month-end reports from general ledger for review by Controller. Analyzes financial performance versus budgets; alerts Controller to unfavorable trends. Prepares grant activity reports on results achieved versus programmatic and/or financial budgets and forecast of activities needed to be performed in order to satisfactorily complete the grants. Assists Controller and Director of Operations with analyzing, establishing and reporting key performance indicators and metrics that assist the Executive Director and the organization in understanding itself and making key decisions (i.e. cost/output per attorney, etc.). Prepares for annual audits by outside firms. Assists in the planning of budgets for grant applications. Assists in all financial and compliance aspects of grants; ensures that effective financial and accountability controls are in place; maintains adequate financial records and supporting documentation. Reconciles operating bank accounts for review and approval by the Controller.
Competitive annual salary of mid 30’s to 40 depending on experience. Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida offers an excellent benefits package: free health, dental, disability and life insurance, generous paid time off program, and more. Send resume and references to: email@example.com or via Fax: 386-323-5762.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field and three years work experience with comparable responsibilities, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of account principles and practices.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and appropriate accounting and financial software
- Must be well organized and have excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be able to attend meetings and/or other functions throughout service area.
- Must have current, valid drivers license.
FAIR HOUSING PROGRAM MANAGER – ORLANDO, FL
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida is seeking a Fair Housing Program Manager for its Orlando office. Work is performed primarily in office settings and community meeting rooms. The Fair Housing Program Manager is required to visit neighborhoods, apartments, etc. to oversee housing investigations, violations and testing. Work involves exposure to whatever risks are present at those sites. This is a full-time forty-hour per week position.
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida offers an excellent benefits package: competitive salary, free health, dental, disability and life insurance, generous paid time off program, and more. Send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (386) 323-5762
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D)
Develops long range and strategic plans for delivery of administrative and program tasks. Provides assistance to Fair Housing Testing Coordinators/Advocates and Intake Assistant. Develops Fair Housing Outreach Materials and distributes materials. Develops Public Service Announcements within the project area. Conducts fair housing presentations at conferences. Plans and participates in Fair Housing Month Activity. Reviews intakes. In conjunction with the Fair Housing Unit Leader and Testing Coordinator, recruits Fair Housing testers; prepares testing analysis; conducts tests. Investigates complaints and/or test results when appropriate. Reviews testing procedures, outcomes and reports. Reviews results of the organization and takes steps to correct unsatisfactory results.
Acts as the program liaison with HUD. Establishes working relationships with local and state agencies in fields associated with housing discrimination. Attends trainings and/or conferences as required by the HUD grant and/or CLSMF.
As requested, participates in fundraising activities and public relations programs. Keeps abreast of new areas of the law, particularly as it affects victims of housing discrimination.
- Must be bondable.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures and the use of office machines and equipment.
- Must be proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel or other acceptable work processing and spreadsheet software and able to learn CLSMF’s case management software.
- Must have a professional attitude and pleasing manner with the public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to perform duties at various locations throughout Central Florida.
- Must have a demonstrable commitment to understanding the issues of low-income constituents and be able to appreciate and work with a culturally and demographically diverse population.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform duties and attend meetings and/or other functions at various locations throughout service area. Occasional out of area travel and overnight stays may be required.
ELDER ABUSE ADVOCATE
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida is seeking an Elder Abuse Advocate for its Ocala office. Will perform outreach and advocacy duties in order to assist elder abuse victims, particularly those who are financially exploited. This position will also assist attorneys to provide legal assistance through Elder Abuse Programs. We are seeking candidates with an assertive nature who are compassionate in advocating on behalf of the senior population. Must have a high level of patience and the ability to maneuver through the various social service programs in order to provide a positive outcome for our clients. Will require travel throughout West Central Florida. This is a full-time forty-hour per week position. This position requires background screening under the Department of Elder Affairs Title III program.
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida offers an excellent benefits package: competitive salary low to mid 30’s depending on experience, free health, dental, disability and life insurance, generous paid time off program, and more. Send resume and references to email@example.com or fax to (386) 323-5762
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Elder Abuse Advocate will provide crisis intervention services including crisis counseling; conduct assessments; make referrals; and advocate on behalf of clients by initiating and maintaining contact with various social services organizations to coordinate services. Will perform home visits to investigate allegations of elder abuse. This position will perform outreach duties in order to identify potential elder abuse/crime victims and provide information about abuse and how to get assistance. Must be comfortable conducting public presentations and networking with various agencies and their associated members.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Counseling skills and experience
- Valid FL Driver License
- Public speaking skills
- Advocacy skills and community connections
- Specialized training (crisis counseling)
- Experience with MS Office products including Outlook
- Bi-lingual (Spanish-English) a plus
PART-TIME HELPLINE ATTORNEY/HOUSING LAW/FAMILY LAW/PUBLIC BENEFITS/ELDER LAW/CONSUMER LAW – SANFORD, FL
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida, Inc., is seeking 2-3 part time Helpline Attorneys in various areas of civil law to provide advice and brief services to clients throughout Central Florida for up to 24 hours per week. This position would work out of our Sanford, FL office. CLSMF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about our organization, please look around the website. Applicants should submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will posses the following qualifications:
- Applicants must possess Florida Bar membership and be in good standing with the Florida Bar.
- No prior experience in any particular area of the law is required, however experience in one or more areas of law as listed above is preferred.
- The ability to speak multiple languages including Spanish is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Florida drivers license.